Plagiarism is a major source of headache among university students. It means copying the words or ideas of other authors without mentioning their contribution or reference. A majority of students does not even know the drawbacks of plagiarism on their grades and it comes as a bolt from the blue when they come to know about it from their professor. Plagiarism is a violation of the copyright act. If detected, it can have serious repercussions on your academic career. These days, educational institutions are taking it quite seriously. Students might be charged with following penalties for presenting copied content.
- As a warning, students are asked to do their assignments again from the very beginning.
- They might be given F in their paper for copying down content repeatedly.
- Higher degree students might have to face academic probation for a large percentage of plagiarized content.
- Highly accredited universities might put a restriction on your enrolment for 2 to 5 years because of plagiarism.
- Universities are also known to have withdrawn the degree of students by citing reference of copyright violation.
- Copyright infringement in newspapers, magazines and books might result in expulsion from job, enormous fine or in some cases imprisonment up to five years.
Today, students have access to numerous sources. Universities have linked their libraries allowing students to go through extensive literature on any given topic. Apart from that, there is plethora of content available online. Therefore, if you work properly you can easily avoid plagiarism in your academic assignments. Here are some tips from the experts of assignment help Brisbane to avoid plagiarism.
1. Change style– if you are keen on writing material from a select source, it is better to alter the language, style or sentences. This alteration will change the composition of your assignment and it will not appear in the plagiarism scan.
2. Research – before starting to write, conduct detailed research on a given topic. With a number of literature sources available, it is better to read them and evolve your own thoughts on that matter. This practice will not only be helpful in avoiding duplication but will also build up your knowledge and confidence in presenting the work in front of the class.
3. Synonyms – integrating synonyms in the work is also helpful in avoiding plagiarism. When you have limited source to work from, rephrasing seems the only viable option. There is a strong possibility of duplication detection in case of rephrasing and paraphrasing. Use of synonyms wherever possible changes the theme of subject matter to a great extent.
4. Citation – the safest method to include the work of an author is to cite it appropriately by means of referencing styles approved by the university. There are a number of approved citation styles such as Chicago, APA, MLA, and Harvard. Giving credit to the writer by including the reference to his or her work is appreciated by universities.
5. Plagiarism scan – after you have written an assignment, it is recommended to run it through plagiarism scan software. They are available online and are both free and paid. The traces of duplicate content are efficiently detected by them and will save you embarrassment in front of your professor.
If you are in need of urgent assignment help and are worried about plagiarism, you can totally rely on us. We provide the best assignment help services across Australia. Our academic team is highly experienced and has already helped thousands of students in securing top grades in class.