In classrooms, we have seen that some students are very sincere and devoted towards academics and some of them are very hostile, rude or confrontational.
The latter ones have disruptive behaviour which results in conflict in classrooms (Google Online Learning Management System for Modern Classrooms). There are several factors behind such non acceptable behaviour. But the most important one which influences these students a lot is their classroom environment. If students find that the learning environment is hospitable, other students are friendly, teachers don’t do any partiality between students and have real concern for them.
Then, students respectfully interact with their professors, use social etiquette and common courtesies and actively collaborate with other students. And on the contrary, students respond in a different or wrong way (Steps to turn around on Failing Class in College). So, in order to create a good learning environment that influences students positively, follow the given ways. These ways were find out by our assignment writing agency www.assignmenthelpexperts.com. With the team of qualified, proficient and experienced professors and research scholars, we can tell you How to create a good learning environment.
- Invite all the students on daily basis at the starting of the class to teach them a lesion of gratitude and humility. This lesson acknowledges our indebtedness to others.
- Teachers are supposed to include a commitment from all the students that they behave like a citizen in a classroom, in their mission statement. The mission statement of a professor includes why he teaches a particular subject, why he choose this subject at this school or college, how his work, list of behaviours. This list comprises various things like students dressing way in a classroom, make eye contact while speaking to others, and admit our mistake without blaming others, address one another properly and many more. Prior experiences said that some of the students are not aware of these behaviours. So, ask new students to write their mission statement as an assignment. This is a good way to tell students about the citizenship behaviours which promotes learning.
- Ask students to participate in an exercise “word of the day”. In this exercise, on the centre of a page, students need to write a word that is important for them at that specific moment. Now above the word, students write the condition, preoccupation or circumstance that brings this word in their mind. Then write an answer to the question “Where will I go from here?”below the word. If students do this exercise regularly, they are able to connect their soul and mind with the outer world they live every day.
- If disruptive behaviour gets increased in a classroom, confront it directly and with compassion. This shows students that you can take action to honour your responsibility and to save their opportunity to learn. This is like giving a choice to a disruptive student; either change your behaviour or go out of the classroom.
- Give difficult assignments to students and tell them that everyone is capable to write the assignment effectively. To make students come out of their fear break these assignments into smaller tasks, offer a feedback to let them know their performance, give them no. of opportunities to interact with other students.
- Tell your students that you are also a human being. Your professor can also make some mistakes. And if you find one, please come to me and tell that. I will make efforts to correct my mistake the way I am telling you to correct your mistakes you make while writing notes in your notebook.
After looking at these ways, still you have same question How to create a good learning environment. Then reach us as we have some more ways to help you.